This is gonna be my last upload for a while. *sad face* But I will be back after December 5th. Yay!
Sooo after pigging out and whaling out on all that Divali curry yesterday, I bet you’re dying for anything other than prayers foods today. Well you’re in luck my friend, because today I made Jerk Alfredo Fettuccine. If my pasta looks a bit orange, fear not and do not adjust your screen. I actually used some vegetable infused pasta since it was all I had on hand, hence the colour. Now this recipe is on the muy caliente side but you can adjust your jerk seasoning to suit.
Before I post the recipe I just wanted to leave you with some food for thought. If you want to do something (legal) go for it! Don’t let other people’s opinions or criticisms or negativity hold you back. People like to talk and drag others down sometimes. Don’t be a victim. Don’t look back one day with regrets just because you were afraid of someone else’s opinion. GO FOR IT NOW!
Recipe400 grams fettuccine pasta 2 teaspoons salt 1.5 cups heavy cream 1.5 cups evaporated milk 1 cup grated parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons butter 4 tablespoon spicy jerk seasoning – (I used Grace Jerk seasoning) 1 teaspoon butter 1 cup green peppers – sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices 3/4 cup whole kernel corn 1/2 cup sliced onions
- Boil your pasta with 2 teaspoons salt until al dente and drain. This can be done simultaneously with your sauce so that your pasta is ready by the time your sauce is.
- In a pot, on low heat, add 2 tablespoons butter and allow it to melt.
- Once melted, add the heavy cream and the evaporated milk and stirring every once in a while. Allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sauce is thicker and denser than when you first started.
- Add your grated parmesan and stir.
- In another skillet, on medium heat, add 1 teaspoon butter and allow it to melt. (This step can also be done simultaneously with your sauce)
- Add the onions and cook for a minute.
- Add the green peppers, jerk seasoning and corn and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from the heat and add to your Alfredo sauce.
- Stir well and add your pasta to the sauce.
- Mix in the pasta and ensure that it is well coated with the sauce.
- Taste for seasoning. If you need more jerk or more cheese, add it in. Go crazy! It’s your pasta after all.
- Remove from the heat, grate some parmesan over that bad boy, serve and enjoy!