A few days ago I posted the recipe for green curry paste. Today I am going to show you how to use it in a dish. The picture I used above is one where I experimented with some Udon Noodles cooked in the dish. I found that this diffused the flavour of the chicken and instead infused some of the noodle flavours into it, which may not be the best flavour combo for this dish. I tried currying the chicken on its own a couple of days ago however and that produced far better results and that is the recipe I am posting for you today. 🙂
- 1/3 cup green curry paste
- 3 cups chicken cut into 1 inch pieces (can be larger or smaller just make sure all the piece are cut to equal sizes so that they cook evenly)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 – 37.5 grams coconut milk powder (roughly half to 3/4 pack of the Maggi Coconut Milk Powder if you are using that)
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 bullion cube
- Season the chicken with salt and set aside. (See tip below)
- Mix the coconut powder with half cup water.
- Using a medium sized pot, on medium heat, add the green curry paste and half of the coconut milk mixture and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken and the other half of the coconut milk mixture and cook for an addition 10-15 minutes or until the liquid dries.
- Add the remaining two cups of water.
- Cook until you have reached your desired thickness of your gravy. The thicker the gravy the tastier it is.
- Serve with Basmati rice and enjoy the deliciousness.
Before washing out your chicken, submerge the chicken in water, add 2 tablespoons baking soda to it, mix and leave for 15 minutes. This tenderises the chicken as well as removes any odors from it. Drain and wash as normal.