So this recipe was never intended to make it on here, as I made this dish in a hurry last night for dinner. Anyway I took a pic of it nonetheless and well, here it is.
In case you were wondering what it is, it is a fusion of sorts. The love child of a potato (aloo) pie and a pholourie, if you may. This bright idea came to me one day when I had a hankering for both pholourie and potato pie. And, being the lazy gal that I am and not wanting to do both, the idea for love bites was born.
For the pholourie portion
First, you need the link to my Pholourie Mixture Recipe <<< Click, click, click. Great! Now make half the recipe there. 🙂
For ze potato filling:
- 4 medium potatoes – peeled, washed and cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic (not to be confused with an entire head of garlic, por favor mi amor)
- .5 (half) teaspoon of ground cumin (geera)
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potato and garlic together in a pot, until tender enough to make mashed potatoes.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Smash the living daylights out of the potato and garlic until you have something resembling mashed potatoes.
- Add cumin and salt to taste. Set aside and allow to cool.
- These are going to be deep fried, so you want to heat your oil to approximately 350 degrees/medium heat.
- Take your potato mixture and form them into balls approximately 3 inches in diameter.
- Coat them in the pholourie mixture.
- Add them CAREFULLY to the oil.
- Fry until a golden yellow.
- Enjoy. 🙂