If you have been following my blog, you will know by now that if I have a chance to make something the easy way, I totally take it. This recipe is pretty easy and no fail. It serves about 4 people Now, I could have given you a pretty pic above, but realistically I was dusting corn flour all over the thing so it wouldn’t stick together, and I figured since I am just a makeshift chef I could probably get away with it. My method requires a food processor but you can also make the recipe by hand if you so choose.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour (Because most of us do not have semolina just lying about the house)
- Additional flour for kneading afterward (Don’t worry, this part is easy)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup water
- corn flour for dusting the pasta after it is rolled out/cut up- so that it doesn’t stick together.
- Crack the eggs, put them into a bowl and beat them – I promise they won’t feel a thing.
- Get out your food processor, add the flour, the egg mixture, salt and your olive oil and pulse.
- Once it is well combined, add your water.
- Pulse again until a dough is formed.
- Remove the dough. It should be sticky at this point.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and knead until the dough is pliable but firm enough, that it springs back to the touch.
- Roll out the dough to your desired thickness and cut into whatever shape you desire.
- You’re done! Told you it was easy peasy!